Vision and Values
Our Vision: Powered by Love - We Believe, Achieve and Grow
Our Values shape us as learners and as people
Shrewton C of E Primary School
Vision and Values
‘Believe, Achieve, Grow’
Our vision and values are at the core of all we do. They underpin our teaching, learning and daily relationships and provide a firm foundation for all aspects of our children’s development. Our aim is to provide a happy and caring learning community where every child is known and feels special. We are rightly proud of our pupils, their care for each other and their achievements.
We uphold core Christian values which provide the focus for collective worship, class worship, quiet reflection and relationship development.
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13
Love is the overarching value for our school. It is the foundational message of Christian teaching and summarises of all our six core Christian values:
At Shrewton Primary School we aim to:
- Be an inclusive school which places Christian values at the centre of its daily life.
- Provide an opportunity for Christian faith and beliefs to be demonstrated in the daily life of our school in a meaningful and practical way.
- Create a happy and caring community that celebrates the individual contribution of every child.
- Promote a positive attitude to learning through enjoyment of school life, encouraging children to become confident and resilient lifelong learners.
- Offer a stimulating curriculum matched to the needs of each child; leading to the achievement of the highest possible educational standards.
- Build character, enabling every child have the moral courage to do what is right.
- Encourage our children to explore and develop their Christian faith and gain an understanding of the faiths and beliefs of others.
- Develop productive learning partnerships between home, school, church and community where everyone contributes to the education of our children.